Sunday, September 7, 2008

Why we love bass pro shops

It has taxidermy. Now before you get all grossed out and believe me I was the first time I thought about going there... It is really cool. It is a gigantic store and it has animals from all over the world stuffed all the way up to a giraffe.

They have party boats that you can get on and check out. Now I would not buy one because I don't want to be tied down to going to a lake every week to get my money out of it but it did bring back memories of fishing on our little pontoon in mn every summer and jumping off it to go swimming. These were just a tiny bit nicer and bigger with a few more amenities. How about a ton more of everything.

Yesterday when we went, we went with some friends who had not been before. You could see their eyes light up with enjoyment taking in everything from the gigantic fishtanks to the gun range to the camping equipment. My eyes lit up at the fact that the kids were outnumbered. I knew that I wouldn't be quite so frazzled at the end of our time there because Krismon and I wouldn't be the only set of eyes on the kids.

It is one of those excess stores so I generally look but don't touch. Besides the fact that I am trying to bring down my and the families eco footprint. Okay so I haven't made concrete plans for how to do that besides recycling as much as I can.

Hmmm how did this change? Anyways back to the store. The animals are really pretty cool to go and look at and show the kids up close because they aren't likely to see many of these animals that close or I wouldn't want them to. So if you are ever near a bass pro shop, I suggest you check it out and take your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment