Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bay Area drive

So we have been visiting the relatives since late last Wednesday... So yes we were crazy.

Let me explain. I had scheduled to have the kids, okay my, playgroup at my house. I had only expected about 4 moms and maybe double that in kids. I ended up with a houseful of moms and kids. It was a great time, all ages, it felt like. The kids had a ton of fun and so did I. I had all the bags packed and ready to go just not in the car. After playgroup, a couple of friends stayed and kept me company until I was packed and ready to go. We hopped in the car, grabbed Krismon from work and were out of Vegas by 2:30pm. The trip went well since the kids were tuckered. That is until after we stopped for dinner and Maggie blew chunks. Yep, salsa and milk do not mix well in the stomach, poor girl. We got her cleaned and the seat cleaned as best as possible. She pretty much passed out for the rest of the trip. Max got incredibly whiney at one point and then he dropped off. Ahhhh was that nice. We even got in before midnight. We each ended up with a kid once we got to my in laws but that was fine. One good thing came out of poor Maggie's getting sick... The car seat had a crack so we tossed the whole sucker, they don't recycle. So she has a brand spanking new car seat with a cup holder to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment