Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Guess What?

This is something I like to ask the kids in the car as we are driving here and there.

Maggie has caught on after some time. I, generally, flash the 'i love you' sign to them and say it. So now, she says it before I do and just giggles waiting.

Then it is my turn to say, 'I love you.' And then I go on to say, 'You tricked me.' Okay who knows where I got that from. I don't think I meant to say that but oh that is what came out. So now, she giggles again and says 'I tricked you!' She loves this little car game of ours. It makes me feel so good and I love to see her try and make the sign as well.

And then there is Max who likes to correct her sign or just say 'Mom (or Mama depending on his mood) she holding up all 5 fingers. To which I reply, 'That's okay, I know what she means.' And then he adds in his 'I love you's as well.

When we were in the Philippines, their great Grandfather would say 'I love you too too too.' The youngest of the grandkids would say this to him and he loved it. His english, not so good, but I wouldn't expect an 85 yr old to know English when he doesn't need to. My kids were kind of confused by him saying this, but now all of a sudden they have jumped on his bandwagon. I just really wish that they could say it to him so that he knew that they understood.
I loved that they got to have so much time with him. Max loved hanging out in his room and watching tv with him.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's the little things in life that are the sweetest. This is one of them.

    ReplyDelete