Monday, June 7, 2010

I am here really

Life here has been hectic. My mother in law and sister in law left Friday morning. And somehow I don't think a lot has happened but none of us has been sleeping well and we have sickies in the hizouse. Well, anyway I have not felt like writing or I keep meaning to put up pictures and that hasn't happened.

We are going through the summer has hit and my kids don't want to go to sleep or stay asleep in their bed and want to get up at the buttcrack of dawn which means not much time alone with the man and a desire to sleep and be listless. Couple that with the desire to do stuff but feeling overwhelmed by the task at hand. That seems to be my outlook right now. I know it is tiredness talking but wow. I need a good night's sleep.

So while I was gone I read a sample of the happiness project and decided I wanted to read the whole book.  I don't know if I mentioned it on here already but I am enjoying it. And I want to put her ideas into play.   So my plan is to start purging purging purging and deciding what to do with things that I think I want to have but can't figure out what to do with it or them. I am feeling in a brutal mood. I know we aren't hoarders but our house feels pretty pack ratty at the moment. Now I am sure if I had lots of built ins or dressers or say a basement, it wouldn't seem like we have so much because it could be packed away more neatly and probably easier to get to. But we have fallen into the convenience of bins, bins and more bins. I guess I should just be thankful that we don't have a storage unit.

Well since I didn't post this last night. I am going to cut it off there and post it. Yeah I have been bad about not being totally coherent in my posts. Sorry. Hoping to rectify that soon with enough sleep and exercise.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the clutter - we don't even have a real family room so it's hard to keep the kids' crap from seeping into every corner of the house. I would love to purge but my husband has somewhat of a packrat mentality I'm afraid. I'm off the next couple weeks we should get together....

    ReplyDelete