Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why oh why

So our house needs to be bombed to get rid of the germies already! Max has a cold, Maggie's nose is running running running. She woke up yet again last night with a fever. (I have a call into the doctor's office.) Harry had a slight fever this morning and had a crappy night's sleep because of a stuffy nose, poor guy. So out comes the lysol, off go the bedsheets so that they can be washed in hopes of stemming the tide of sickness. I know grasping at straws.

I think more than anything that Maggie is going to get sick of me. Max is feeling neglected since Maggie has been sick. Max isn't feeling all that great and has a hard time expressing that. And I definitely wasn't a barrel of laughs this morning when Max got up at 5. I do regret my childish behavior now after the fact, and yes I did apologize to Max. Anyone with more ideas on how to get him to stay in his room in his bed with his eyes closed please send them my way. Otherwise, I will need to resign myself to getting up early and gasp maybe getting us a better routine of exercise like yoga in the morning so that I can have some namaste.

We tried the alarm and that hasn't worked. I think I just need to again get over myself and accept that my kids at this point are just super early risers and that there is not much I can do about it.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry the sickies have invaded your house. :( As for the early rising situation, I'm not sure what to do. My kids go to bed kind of late compared to most kids (around 9) but they sleep till 8 or 8:30. I've put bowls and cups in a drawer that they can reach and the frozen waffles at the bottom of the freezer where they can reach. They both know how to make a waffle and turn the tv on so the days where I might not be feeling well or they get up early they can care for themselves for an hour or so.
    P.S. I've passed on a blog award to you if you want to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete