Friday, December 11, 2009

Priceless

I have this snapshot in my mind, well actually moving picture would be more accurate... I wish that I had taken a picture but it would have been disruptive to the process. What process you ask?

Krismon got home around 8:30 last night. We got to enjoy about 45 minutes before Harry stirred. Krismon changed a diaper and we hoped that he would drift back to sleep. No such luck. Harry was diagnosed with RSV yesterday. We gave him a breathing treatment, he was not exactly excited. Krismon bounced, I rocked, he swayed and then bounced again. It was during the swaying that I just had that moment of 'Wow, he is really such an awesome father and husband.' He spent the day in the airport and traveling and here he was cradling his son, singing to him, loving him. It was nice for me to have him take on baby duty as well.

It used to terrify me to have the kids while he was gone. I guess the one thing that helps is having the older kids in school. They have stayed on a pretty good schedule. But at different times, they each stepped up to the plate and helped out.

I guess snapshots is better way to put it. Pictures of kids, hubby and love.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome word picture! Krismon is a great dad and you can see it in the way he is with the kids - he's also an awesome uncle - Joshua loved him right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! It's so nice when the daddies really step up!!

    I hope poor little Harry is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete