Friday, June 13, 2008

Our never ending sleep study

So both my kids used to be simple when it came to bed time. We would go through our little routine, kiss them goodnight, lay them down and they would go to sleep with relatively little fuss. Now jump forward and we are struggling to get them to sleep before 9pm because they get the case of the giggles and won't go to sleep. It is a little more involved but I do not want to raise my blood pressure by divulging them. I am trying to figure out how to get buy in from Max to stop the behavior but all he does is sign the word good and then I end up melting down later when he is anything but.

I have this feeling that my kids were sent to me to lull me into thinking they would be fairly easy only to morph into these alien beings. I worry most that they will get overtired and that I will be left with so little me time that I will be overtired and cranky.

My saving grace at the moment is a certification I found in parent coaching. I am hoping that it will provide me with some ways for me to better communicate or at least brain storm for better ideas. Because lord knows my ideas so far aren't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment