Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Breakfast in Bed


Yes that is right. Max has been wanting to make us breakfast in bed. Yesterday he was talking about it, but I didn't think about it too much. Can you imagine my surprise? Maggie came into the room at about 5:50 and I told her she needed to wait until 6 for me to feed her. She came in and out of the room a few times.
Needless to say now that Harry is turning over, he got upset three times last night having turned over. The first time around 11:30pm. Then sometime after midnight, I had Krismon go up and just turn him over. And then around 4:20am, again he woke up. I went up so he could have the special sauce as well.
I did have the thought that murphys law would strike and the kids would get up extra early but they were gracious to an extent. Max did wake Maggie up but luckily it wasn't too early. And then he did make up for it by making us our breakfast in bed. It was pretty wow. And smart. He got an oven tray, spread pb on two pieces of bread and added raisins. That is his secret recipe! lol And then he got two little bowls with cereal, two small spoons and added two cups of milk that we could either drink or pour into our bowls. I intercepted the two on their way into our room. I got the tray on the table and each received a hug and thank you. It really was such a nice surprise. Especially since they sometimes have a difficult time realizing that the rest of the world is not awake and it might be nice to put a filter on their general enthusiasm. They were quiet in their mission and they made it happen using teamwork. It really was a nice way to start the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Heidi - you are so lucky to have such wonderful kids - I'm so proud of my niece and nephew! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete