Monday, September 28, 2009

Lazy Sunday kind of...

Last week, Krismon asked if I wanted to go camping Saturday night. Someone at Zappos got the big campsite on Mt. Charleston and we haven't gotten to go camping at all this summer. duh? right. Well unfortunately, at this time of the year, it gets cold at night up on the mtn. He decided to take the older kids and Harry and I would stay home. I thought, ahhh, I will finally get a good night's sleep. Krismon borrowed an rv from a friend of ours as a just in case. In case, I wanted to go with Harry and just snuggle down in there or if they needed to use it that night. They got up there but I guess there were problems. Krismon called me to let me know that I would need to come and drive the kids home. This was not exactly the relaxing morning at home that I was picturing. Oh well I got what I needed mostly. I ate a sub sandwich, got Harry to bed, drank a beer while watching two shows and got to bed super duper early. Harry wouldn't have woken up if Juno hadn't started barking at the darn cats that like to go in our backyard at night and torture all of us. Luckily he went back to sleep until 6. I got to drink a little coffee, eat some breakfast, take a shower before heading up the hill to get the kids. Juno came along for the ride and was he ever happy. The drive went surprisingly quick. Harry slept, thank goodness!
At the campsite, Juno was so happy to wander, hang with the other dogs, generally get some outdoors time. And what is really nice is that he comes back when called!!!! I am not used to having a dog like that. Harry decided that yesterday was the day to unload about 4 days worth of poo in one diaper. It wasn't a pretty sight but I was so excited for him. I can't imagine keeping that much inside but I know that with breastfed babies they can go longer and not have it mean anything. I am just used to my superpoopers. They were both pretty regular, Maggie is very regular. I know tmi but whatever back to the story...
The kids had a great time, there were two other kids there one each their age so they had buds to play with. Poor Krismon though had to deal with Max waking up at 4am. He kept him quiet until 6. Then Maggie woke up as well so he herded them into the rv for another hour before starting breakfast. I missed a great breakfast from what I know. French toast among other things. We stayed a few more hours and then headed home. Max passed out in the car, Harry cried for a good 20 minutes of the drive. Maggie and I sang the ZYX song (abc song backwards) trying to serenade Harry into a better mood. It did end up helping.
Max stayed asleep for a good 4 hours, Maggie and Krismon took a two hour nap. Harry napped most of the afternoon. After everyone woke, I vacuumed the whole house. Not relaxing but I do feel so much better about having cleaner floors.
I am going to stop there before I bore you even more....

No comments:

Post a Comment