Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Babies

My babies have always been pretty happy. Yeah they go through cranky periods but who doesn't? Teething, ear infections, shots. I would be pretty cranky too but overall  they are pretty happy go lucky. They explore, they laugh, they smile, they eat.  But at some point, something seems to happen. Max, it was potty training. We got into a war of wills and it seems like we are still in our war of wills. Can I tell you how much I hate it? I feel like it has damaged our relationship to a certain extent because we both get our back up and refuse to budge. I know that it is all about testing the boundaries but oy. And I seem to rise to the bait way too often. I don't want to and I don't want to be an angry mom who is always on edge. And Max is like the poster child for the 1st child. They pave the way and the ones who come after watch and learn what not to do. At least, Maggie does. Time will tell what Harry does.

Maggie has her own quirks like screaming at the top of her lungs and she will try and dig her heels in but at 3 we can still deal with that.  I am sure her time will come.

Harry is still the happy go lucky baby and I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment