Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ties

Friendships are some good ties. Today I got to see a friend who I haven't visited with in a while. It was so nice to see her it makes me long for the days when a group of us would get together and it meant that our kids wouldn't be getting naps that day but we would all come away feeling connected and centered. We all come from different places and have different life experiences but we just jelled so well that when life got in the way as it is wont to do a little sadness occurred. It continues even now. I don't see my friends in one setting often enough and one of our number moved over a year ago to another country so you can imagine it is sad. It is kind of like when you leave childhood and began to mature. That glint in your eye that you have as a child becomes replaced with knowledge, not always welcome but important none the less. I know that we couldn't maintain the amount of time spent because our kids were growing older and our lives were taking us other places.

Okay maybe I am just sappy but today was a small reminder of those hours of laughter and sometimes serious discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment