Saturday, April 3, 2010

Single Parent weekend

So while Krismon is away for the weekend golfing with his buddies at their annual tournement, I have to figure out how to keep my sanity, keep the kids entertained and who knows what else. I decided we would go to an egg hunt at town square. I knew it would be an event but I didn't know how much of one. We got there at 11. It was in full swing, we walked to the middle and I judged by my heightened blood pressure and heart rate that we needed to get out of the activity quickly. So instead we went next to the activity to Claim Jumper for an early lunch.
They behaved nicely, shared a lunch well and we talked about why we wouldn't be going into the play area or even probably trying the egg hunt. It was generally crazy. When we got done, we circled the perimeter looking at booths. There was one for our local children's museum. So they got to do this.
They were stacking cards with a couple of buildings to use to start from.
The highlight of the outing was getting to do this.

She had to kick off her shoes because they were loose. She was a little monkey for a bit before she got scared. And then there was this shot. They were waiting and excited. I am not sure how many more years I will get to have pictures like this one.

2 comments:

  1. My husband is a workaholic, so I understand the stress of taking the kids out alone! Love the rock climbing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi - great pictures - they look like they are having so much fun! Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete