Saturday, March 13, 2010

The case of the gimmes

There is a Berenstein Bears book about the gimmes. The kids keep asking for everything and the father seems to do the same thing. I am going to have to go back and read it not only for my reference but to my kids. I just spent a pleasant hour or so at the store with Max asking for everything under the sun. I mean every aisle he would find something he needed down to toddler mac and cheese! Really you are 6 yrs old and you need toddler 'rip off' mac and cheese? I kept telling him no and no and no and no and no and no and no. And I told to stop asking for things. We got to the check out and again he was asking for a pez dispenser and candy. Thank you people who put that cra, I mean, stuff at the check out so that our kids can drive us a little wilder and maybe wear us down. No..... I finally let him hear what I had heard through the entire store.... 'Can I have this, can I have that, I want this, I really want that, please can I have this, come on, let me have it, please, can I have this, can I have that, please, I really want it, really, I want it, please can I have it.....' I, then, asked, if that sounded like a good boy thing to do while we are shopping from a list or a not good boy thing to do. Yeah, he was not pleased to answer that but then he has been pleased this whole day. Nor have I been pleased with his less than helpful attitude.

Anyways that is a digression. When we got home, Krismon pointed out that I should have set expectations before we ever got into the store. Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment