Friday, March 5, 2010

I need time with Max

I mean I really need time with Max. For 2 and a half years, it was the two of us most days. Adding Maggie in wasn't difficult or at least it didn't seem to be. He was a stubbornly easy kid. I mean he was a stubborn baby. Yes, stubborn but generally he was easy. We got on well, I feel like when we started potty training that was where our heads butted the most. I know that isn't the one event. I think my on line friends have it right, they talk about 3.75 being a tough age. I am wondering if that coincides with my troubles with Max. He digs in his heals and all of a sudden, we are off and running. I need to reconnect with him so that we can build a more solid relationship. 


I know that it is tough on him being the oldest having the other two take some of his time. We haven't been reading the Harry Potter books the last few weeks for various reasons and I know that needs to be changed. I am hoping to go see 'Alice in Wonderland' with Max on Sunday. He wants to see if today, since it came out. I guess we have hit the commercial age with him and by virtue of being siblings Maggie as well. She SAYS she wants to see Alice in Wonderland as well but that isn't happening. I do not believe she is ready for it.
I, also, know that Maggie needs that individual time with us. I had found something for her and I to do that was special.


Krismon surprised all of us when he said that he got tickets to a game tonight. Max is going to watch basketball with Krismon. I am glad that they are going to have some time out. They need it too.


I want our kids to have special time with us so I am still searching for those times that we can be out alone for some one on one time.  What does everyone else do for their one on one time with their kids?

4 comments:

  1. Right now Cooper is the only one, but soon there will be two and this is something I worry about. I don't know right now what I will do, but I do want to find some time to be with each child one on one after Grapefruit makes her arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie and I spend time together when Michael is at preschool. Michael and I generally spend time together doing something if Katie is napping. I need to go on an outing with Michael but he is generally interested in spending time with Todd when he is home. Makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ironic that you posted this as I have a post in my drafts about how it is difficult to find things to do one on one with Jake (oldest, boy) since he is now in school 5 days a week and Jadyn no longer naps. I get so much special time with Jadyn and I really want to have that with Jake too. When Jadyn was first born I would take Jake on dates to a movie and McDonalds for a happy meal but now that Jadyn is older she almost always wants to go the movies too. I wish I had more of an answer for you but right now I am struggling with this too. I hope it at least helps to know that you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J has always had a little thing called "Boys Day" with hubby where every other Saturday they go to the barbershop, McDonald's, the park, go watch the airplanes etc. It used to be my time to myself, now it's my time with just me and the baby. Now on the other Saturday we've started "J and Mommy Day" where I take him out to breakfast or to the park or children's museum or whatever and TH gets that time to bond with the baby. I know this will be harder as they get older but it's kind of a tradition that we really stick to so they see it as a regular part of their routine. J actually says stuff like "I can't wait until Boys Day next time" or "Maybe on J and Mommy Day we can go to the car place."

    ReplyDelete